4 facts about my parents on their 38th anniversary (2 days late!)

Couple of lookers right?!

Tuesday, my parents celebrated their 38th anniversary. I couldn't help but reflect on their marriage and the many things that brought them to the amazing place they are now. So here's a few facts about my parent's that maybe you didn't know before.

Fact #1: Rockets or Commercial Jets?!
My dad grew up dreaming to work for NASA. Upon graduation in aeronautical engineering, he applied to Boeing (in Washington) and NASA (in Florida). He heard from Boeing very quickly but NASA was a little slower to respond. The day after he accepted the Boeing offer, NASA gave him a letter of acceptance. But he stayed loyal to Boeing. This monumental decision is what ultimately brought him to McDonald Douglas in California to meet my mom!

Fact #2: The Good from Divorce
Both my parents were previously married. Even though divorce is so hard and I can't even begin to understand all the hardships my mom and dad faced through it separately, I'm so grateful for it. My dad, vowed that the next time he would marry it would be forever. His level of commitment and devotion is so apparent through their relationship. And my mom had my sister Miranda in her first marriage!!!! I SERIOUSLY couldn't imagine life without her love and friendship. She's makes me one of the happiest people.

Hotty!!!
My dad with my sissy Miranda
Fact # 3: Creeper in the office!
My dad OGGLED after my mom at work. Like, creeper status. She worked as a rollerskating blueprint control deliverer (yes that's real life in the 70's) and he was an engineer. He said EVERY day he would watch her eat lunch and just drool over how pretty she was. But she was married at the time! Then after her divorce one of her friends slipped him a note saying she (my mom) wanted to go out with him. Talk about a stroke of luck!

Fact #4: A Female Proposal
After two years of dating, my parents were at dinner when my mom told my dad, "I want to get married! I want more children! And if this is what you want too, you better let me know by tomorrow or we need to go our separate ways." The next day, my dad proposed...I seriously LOVE her courage. Talk about an assertive DTR!


Happy Anniversary MOM and DAD!

1 comment: