Unemployed Vacation Part One: Newport Beach



One of the many many perks to the six-month city program is unemployment. JK I hate it. There's nothing more annoying to me than trying to find a new job all the time. Fortunately, my family has sympathized with me inviting me on what I like to call, "unemployment vacations." Unemployment vacations are husband-less indulgent trips spent 100% with family to help me forget about said unemployment.

Upon our move to Louisville, I briefly escaped the Polar Vortex with an unemployment vacation to Newport Beach. I used to live in Huntington Beach but was so young at the time that I never explored much of SoCal outside of Disneyland. So we did some touristy things like walking the star-paved path of old Hollywood,  browsing Griffith Observatory, putting a Duffy around the Newport Beach Marina, and, you guessed it, eating delicious food around the area!

Later in the week my sister and her daughter surprised me with a visit and the following night we all surprised my Nana for her 80th birthday party! I topped off the night with a little surprise serenade for the whole family. It was like surprise inception.  

Unemployment Vacation to SoCal was such a lovely, relaxing, and WARM time. Hopefully it won't be a whole two years 'till my next visit!
















No comments:

Post a Comment